"Football, bloody hell!"
Tag Archives: Lass
Auxerre vs Real Madrid
– Real Madrid started with a 4-3-3 system, but the only midfielder that could move the ball cleverly was Xabi Alonso. Lass is too defensive-minded and Khedira is a box-to-box player. So, there were problemas with the well organized Auxerre. Anyway, the three strikers were very static, so they didn’t create any spaces in the french team defense and almost didn’t create any opportunities.
– Cristiano Ronaldo and Higuaín are anxious. Every time they get the ball they try to do an individual move. Moreover, the portuguese is not dribbling anybody. Mourinho have to change that.
– Real Madrid always tried to attack throught the centre when they should have opened the field. When Di Maria came in, late in the second half, the game changed a bit, and that was the way to score the first and last goal.
– The positive part: The Special One is The Lucky One too. Three points and no goals conceded, and top of the group.
Rubin Kazan vs Barcelona
– Maxwell is not good enought for Barcelona. He’s a good full back, but not a world class player as Dani Alves. Barcelona is lacking of depth and speed when their attack through left side.
– Select Mascherano and Busquets together is not a good idea when you play against such a defensive team. They are two of the best defensive midfielders in the world, but they play better behind the ball, and against Rubin Kazan, Barcelona should have been put players between Kazan’s defense and midfield.
– Villa is not at his best. I don’t know if he needs more minutes with their new teammates or if he’s going throught a bad patch, but he’s not the goalscorer he used to be.
– I don’t like Rubin’s tactic, but it’s valid, and it worked. Their match was almost perfect.
Valencia vs Manchester United
– It’s difficult to create something with Albelda and Tino Costa as midfielders. With Manuel Fernandes it would have been better, obviously with Ever Banega, that was injured.
– Valencia is playing better with two strikers. The progression of Aduriz is beeing impressive, and he starts being a very complete forward.
– Manchester United is smaller without Rooney and Scholes. And I can’t think in many players who had wasted his talent as Dimitar Berbatov.
– Small things always help big teams. Manchester United was lucky, and they won a match that deserved a draw.
INTER 4-0 MILAN
– Milan’s tragedy came just in time: it’s been a long time since every single football fan noticed that AC Milan had become a team full of oldies with no hope of winning, with no hunger for victory. It seems they’re stubborn and they won’t change their strategies.
– There’s a man, though, who’s able to change those politics and push all of those old men out of one of the greatest clubs in soccer’s history. His name is Alexandre Pato.
– Yes, it was ridiculous. Inter laughed at Milan, they played them off the pitch, they trashed them. The final result wasn’t excessive though – it just showed where Inter and Milan are at the moment.
Milito, Eto’o, Sneijder, Maicon, Julio Cesar, Muntari and Lucio are nerazzurri.
Ronaldinho, Zambrotta, Ambrosini, Storari, Nesta and Flamini are rossoneri.
4-0, pure coincidence.
REAL MADRID 3-2 DEPORTIVO
– Juan Carlos Valerón will play great football in his 80’s.
– I can’t see Cristiano Ronaldo adapting himself to Real’s style. I can’t see it yet. He needs space. He needs the ball to be moved faster. He needs a dynamic game.
– Lassana Diarra is the only star who’s shining in the ‘galactic’ panorama so far. He’s reaching a superb, incredible level. He got the 10 on his back after Sneijder left on his way to San Siro and he really deserves that shirt.
The Bernabéu crowd cheers as soon as he touches the ball. You should watch this man on the pitch. Trust me, it’s a great show which fascinates both supporters and rivals.
We will talk about him and his performances soon.
– I gotta feeling that tonight is gonna’ be a good night: if Kaka gets the hang of the Spanish playing style soon, and if he starts feeling comfortable moving between defensive lines and midfield lines, Real will be unstoppable, at least for those teams who play like Deportivo did today.
Today’s quote: “Gattuso, one of us!!”, Inter fans in Facebook group.
Today’s news: Robben makes his debut at Bayern and sends a message to Jorge Valdano by scoring 2 goals in his new team’s victory against Wolfsburg.
Today’s picture: Arsène Wenger on Old Trafford stands.
Today’s Liga results: Zaragoza 1-0 Tenerife (Arizmendi 73′).