"Football, bloody hell!"
Saturday notes: Milan’s tragedy and Real Madrid’s start-up
INTER 4-0 MILAN
– Milan’s tragedy came just in time: it’s been a long time since every single football fan noticed that AC Milan had become a team full of oldies with no hope of winning, with no hunger for victory. It seems they’re stubborn and they won’t change their strategies.
– There’s a man, though, who’s able to change those politics and push all of those old men out of one of the greatest clubs in soccer’s history. His name is Alexandre Pato.
– Yes, it was ridiculous. Inter laughed at Milan, they played them off the pitch, they trashed them. The final result wasn’t excessive though – it just showed where Inter and Milan are at the moment.
Milito, Eto’o, Sneijder, Maicon, Julio Cesar, Muntari and Lucio are nerazzurri.
Ronaldinho, Zambrotta, Ambrosini, Storari, Nesta and Flamini are rossoneri.
4-0, pure coincidence.
REAL MADRID 3-2 DEPORTIVO
– Juan Carlos Valerón will play great football in his 80’s.
– I can’t see Cristiano Ronaldo adapting himself to Real’s style. I can’t see it yet. He needs space. He needs the ball to be moved faster. He needs a dynamic game.
– Lassana Diarra is the only star who’s shining in the ‘galactic’ panorama so far. He’s reaching a superb, incredible level. He got the 10 on his back after Sneijder left on his way to San Siro and he really deserves that shirt.
The Bernabéu crowd cheers as soon as he touches the ball. You should watch this man on the pitch. Trust me, it’s a great show which fascinates both supporters and rivals.
We will talk about him and his performances soon.
– I gotta feeling that tonight is gonna’ be a good night: if Kaka gets the hang of the Spanish playing style soon, and if he starts feeling comfortable moving between defensive lines and midfield lines, Real will be unstoppable, at least for those teams who play like Deportivo did today.
Today’s quote: “Gattuso, one of us!!”, Inter fans in Facebook group.
Today’s news: Robben makes his debut at Bayern and sends a message to Jorge Valdano by scoring 2 goals in his new team’s victory against Wolfsburg.
Today’s picture: Arsène Wenger on Old Trafford stands.
Today’s Liga results: Zaragoza 1-0 Tenerife (Arizmendi 73′).